Friday, October 17, 2008

A Homage to Matthew Shepard

This is a homage to Matthew Shepard, a young deceased American to the dawn of its 22 years, victim of a crime homophobia. I publish and share this video to you in order not to forget that despite of big advances to the "homosexual cause", homophobia is still present and continues. This is a little manner for me to pass the message, a message of tolerance, a message of prevention and of vigilance to the cause.

A martyr with a big courage, lamb of the God to the rare conception. Never discouraged, our love for him, always strong, his picture never will obliterate itself. We will meet it again little time after the provisional farewells. All would divide a spot on the history of his life, a so young heart destroys for a noble cause the spirit of another deployed a rotten tragedy. The tragic hero that it is difficult to forget. For Matthew, an angel with new wings, in a place, a distant world. God took it in its arms today, it blessed his soul with his protective love and took his pain.

Dicours of the father of the victim, Dennis Shepard, to the process of the assassins of his son:

Matt is officially dead to 12h53 on Mondays October 12 1998 to the hospital of Strong Collins, Colorado. It is in dead reality to the periphery of attached Laramie to a barrier this Wednesday beforehand, when you beat it, mister Mckinneg. This October 12 1998 I lost my elder son and my hero. This October 12, my elder son and my hero is dead 50 days before his 22 anniversary ème. Mister Mckinneg, I will do that your life be also lasts for you as it is for me possible... for Matthew. Every time that you will celebrate Christmas, a birthday or July 4, you remember that Matthew no longer is. It is dead quietly, surrounded by his family and its friends, with his mother and his brother holding him the hand. All that it remains me now this are memories. At the end of lynching, his body tried just to survive. You have it leave there, with himself but it was not alone... it had God. I liked my son, and as you can see it in this will, I was to trust him. It was not my son gay, it was just my son! Who was itself concerned that it be gay? It was a good boy, intelligent, an attentive person. My life no longer will be never the even. Matt lacks me terribly, I think about him the whole time, to strange every moment where of small things remind me to his memory. Could the impact on my life? how my life be the even at present? His last day of life in the state of the Wyoming that it proudly called his house while it inspired for the last time the perfume of the pines. I would dream nothing of better than to see you to die, Mr. Mckinney. Nevertheless, it is time to begin the pardon process. Show indulgence to someone that refused to show the least pity. Whenever you yourself revealed in this prison cell, remember you that you had timeliness and the possibility to put an end to your acts that night. Every time that you will see your prison warder, you remember that you had the choice, and that now you live this choice. You robbed me something precious, and I never will forgive it for you, mister Mckinney. I leave you the life to the memory of someone that no longer lives. You could have a long life and you could thank Matthew every day for that.

Rest in peace, we never will forget you....

Enjoy Life, Be Free!

No comments:

Chatroom

http://www.meebo.com/rooms