Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Gay's Diary - The Life of a Desert Flower



Reynaldo Fajutnao commonly known to friends as "Potnao" was no hustler selling his body streetside. Potnao, dubbed a gay street prostitute by his own mother, actually lived a life a step up from what his mom envisioned.

This bratty, sensitive, touchy, moody, fearless, reckless, careless and full of rage as what her mother would describe him is a graduate of an elite school-supported himself by moving to Dubai a place where Islam is not just the predominant faith, it is the core of the culture, it is the roots of the history and the solid trunk of all traditions, a way to organize the course of a life and also the course of every day from sun rise to the time they retire in bed and go to sleep. And most importantly a place where homosexuality is considered “Haram” or taboo or forbidden.

But in this world where Potnao finds his true self. He lived among affluent men who convinced themselves that they were not paying for sex. Rather, they liked to tell themselves, they were passing the time pleasantly with a charming, good-looking young Filipini (Arab term for Filipino boy), whom they rewarded with gifts and money.

“Arab men are the most hypocrite person in the world” as he would always say. “They pray three times in a day and right after when they saw you on the street, they would try to pick you up and take you to the desert. You know what follows. But they are very kind and generous once they liked you” he added.

Life in Dubai was not easy for Potnao at first. He worked part time as a florist, a salesman, a masseur, a hair cutter, a waiter and even work as a laborer in a construction company.

“There is this one instance where I had this interview with the manager of one hotel in Dubai. There were about six girls ahead of me when I get to the place, and five other girls who arrived at the same time with me. So right after I submitted my resume I waited for the first six girls to finish their interview. Just so when I thought it was my turn, the manager called the other five girls behind me and ask me to wait for my turn. From there I knew where it would take me. So right after he interviewed all the girls I was left there alone landing in the manager’s lap. Surprisingly, I didn’t get the job.” He said laughing.

For the next three months life hasn’t change much for Potnao. At this time he needs to save enough money for his visa and needs to make an exit to Iran and then back to Dubai. And the only way he knows to earn easy money is to trade for sex.

“This is the only thing I knew to make money aside from the fact that I’m enjoying it”. He said. “Middle East is a gay’s haven. It is paradise. It’s a place where good looking men with big cocks (as in BIG in the real sense of the word) would court you and take you out for a dinner. They treat you like a lady. Some are married men others are single. Some works in government, CID, military, businessman, expats, locals, black, white, even imam (priest)”. He added.

Do you practice safe sex?

“No. Back home we have this motto. Bahala na si Batman (Its all up to Batman). If unlucky I got infected with HIV so be it. I always thought its better to die of AIDS than to die of hunger. For us gays it’s the cause of death that matters not death itself.”

How much do you earn for a night?

“At night I earn 200 dirhams on a minimum not counting the day. LOL! To the Arabs, there’s no right time and right place for a good sex. Give them your best smile and you’ll give them a hard-on.”

Aren’t you scared you might get caught or what?

“Scared? Are you crazy?, if you’re face to face with a man that looks like Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck with cocks served like a sumptuous meal there’s no reason to be scared. When I left home, I left along with my fears. Fear has no place if you want to survive. It’s a big jungle out there."


ENJOY LIFE... BE FREE!

No comments:

Chatroom

http://www.meebo.com/rooms